Today an easy activity and something you can actually eat after making it with your child.
It is a buttery shortbread recipe cutted into any shapes your child likes and it can be decorated after.
You will need:
– 150g plain flour
– 3 tablespoons rice flour
– 100g butter
– few drops of food colouring
– up to you if you want to add sugar (50g) or just drizzle of honey
What to do:
– help your child to lay a sheet of baking paper into a tray
– let your child mix the flours, honey with their hands; then to add butter in one or two big lumps and let your child work it into the dry ingredients with their fingers, squishing and kneading it into a soft dough
– help your child to add the food colouring and squish the dough
– help your child press out the dough with the ball of their hand until it is about 5mm thick
– use a floured cutters so your child can cut out the shapes and place them on the baking sheet
– let your child brush the shapes with a little egg
– bake for 10 minutes or until golden around the edges
Have a nice time!